Sat, 7/2 10:00a – ~2:00p: July 4th Fun Run
We have an awesome route planned for the northern reaches of North Texas with a lunch stop at Choctaw Ranch House Preserve. We’ll be starting at A P Travel Center (13965 S Ih 35, Valley View, TX 76272) at 10:00a. We’ll have lunch around noon. For those still up for another hour of twisty roads, we have an hour post-lunch adventure that leads us back to McKinney and the RaceTrac off 380. The maps are available and if you’d like to join us, please let Raymond Mimick know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sun, 7/17 3:00p – 6:00p: Sunday afternoon drive (Towers Tap House destination)
To have an interesting Sunday afternoon drive in the heat (sorry to those cars with reduced air conditioning capacity or none at all). We’ll start at the Texas-famous Buc-ee’s next to Texas Motor Speedway. Arrive a little early and we’ll take some pictures in front of this road wonder (it may be our only attempt at this crazy destination). From TMS, we’ll head north to Decatur and then Eastbound to Little Elm. Our ending destination is Towers Tap House on Lewisville Lake. Maps are available here. Raymond Mimick is leading this one and if you email him at email@example.com, we’ll watch for you at Buc-ee’s.
Sat, 8/6: Gimmick Rally 2016
Brian has been working hard developing our 2016 Gimmick Rally. For those that missed last year’s Rally, we had a write up in our dBR newsletter here. This year, we’d love to have more cars on this adventure. You do not need to have a speed-demon car as this is not timed. If you are interested, you will need both a driver and a navigator. If you only have 50% of this setup, let Brian know so we can pair people up. The route will be about 200 miles and we’ll start late morning in Joshua, TX. The destination will be known at the driver’s meeting on Saturday, August 6th. Email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tail of the Dragon Tour
Sat 10/8- Sun 10/16: We are putting the final touches on the plans and Raymond Mimick will be reaching out to interested parties to determine how best to organize our hotels along the route. If you have interest in traveling to South Carolina and have not let us know, please email Raymond Mimick at email@example.com.
- Tail of the Dragon & Cherohala Skyway
- BMW Performance Center for Members-only day
- BMW Zentrum Museum and Factory Tour
- Biltmore Estate
- Tour of the Mountains North of Asheville
- Social time with the tour group
- Fall weather in the Appalachian Mountains
Tentative Dates for 2016 (very subject to change, and we’ll add a few more Sunday drives to the list):
- 2nd: Fun run for July 4th (Ray)
- Sunday, 17th: Afternoon Drive starting about 3:00p. (Ray)
- 6th: Gimmick Rally (Brian, Ray)
- 23-28th: OktoberFest (Monterry, CA) – interested in traveling together? Maybe another trip down the Extraterrestrial Highway, Yosemite?
- 10th: Texas Forts Trail (Ray)
- 30-Oct 2nd: Santa Fe Concorso (no planned trip as yet)
- 8th – 16th: Tail of the Dragon and possible Performance Center trip (Brian)
- 5th: East Texas Tour
- 3rd: Toy Run from Cars and Coffee
Raymond Mimick (817-999-0078)
Marc (214-354-9505) and Rhonda Leediker,