Sign up to receive tour-emails.
On average, we have about 16 cars attending our tours. We welcome all to join us. With this many cars, we highly recommend purchasing a Family Radio Service (FRS) radio to hear about road conditions and participate in group discussions (if this is your first time, this is not required to get a taste of the road). We transitioned to the FRS/GMRS radio frequencies July 2020. Click here to learn more about the radio options we have available to us.
Please review the Touring Etiquette (updated 9/2018) prior to attending a tour in order to understand our rules and regulations.
2022 Tours: I’ve move the tour list to its own page
Past Tourmeisters (and Tours)
- Raymond Mimick (2015-)
- 2022 – Dennis Luczyki, Sam Gill and Shawn Diggs to help lead some tours
- 2021 – Dennis Luczyki helps with a few tours
- 2020 – Covid-affected year; no real out-of-town tours but a few in-town tours
- 2019 – Ofest to South Carolina
- 2018 – Big Bend, Eureka Springs and a few East Texas tours
- 2017 – Big tour out west to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and back to New Mexico and Texas.
- 2016 – Brian George assisting as tour leader; mostly in-town tours
- 2015 – First year as tour leader, we went to the Twisted Sisters, Big Bend and Eureka Springs. A lot of learning here
- Marc Leediker (Tourmeister from 2006-2015)
- Michael D. Nied (2003-2006)
- Harry Moulter (1996-2003)
- Norm Grilles (1988-1996)
- Leo Newland (1977-1988)
Roles and Responsibilities
We’ve written a general guide (2018) for Roles and Responsibilities for the Tourmeister (front car) and the Tail Gunner (last car in a group). This should be used as a guide to assist in the design and running of a group-led tour.
When designing a route, the use of Google Maps is helpful. The “short” link should be available to the tour participants to be able to follow along (we have found mobile devices do not always follow the route as laid out). For those with an iOS device, you can download and use a program called inRoute and import the GPX file provided by the tourmeister. This will then allow you turn-by-turn directions.